Forklift Construction Set
I’m sure that some of you are familiar with this heavy equipment machine. You may saw it in construction area or in the street. Yes, you are correct. The name of this machine is forklift.
Forklift is a powered industrial truck, which is used to lift and move materials
If we review forklift from the power source, there are two types of forklift: electric forklift and internal combustion forklift.
Electric forklifts use battery for the power source. Some of electric forklift advantages are no harmful emission, less noise and less maintenance than internal combustion forklifts. With this feature, electric forklift is suitable for food storage and healthcare industries. For your information, electric forklift is preferable for indoor use.
Internal combustion forklift
The fuel of internal combustion forklift can be diesel, kerosene, gasoline, compressed natural gas or another fuel. This type of forklift is more suitable for outdoor use.
Forklift can be used for the following tasks:
- To transport heavy material. For example is pipe
- Pallet handling
- To put goods inside warehouses and distribution centers. Forklift will be helpful to put goods in warehouse.
Forklift Construction Set Parts
In picture 2, you can see some main parts of forklift construction set:
- Fork. The forks are mounted in carriage. The function of fork is to support load of the lifted materials. In picture 2, you can see the example how forklift bring the material with the fork.
- Mast. Mast is the part to raising or lowering the load. The vertical movement of mast is controlled by hydraulic system.
- Operator’s seat. The seat for operator is located in the cab. Inside the cab, there is pedals, steering wheel and other accessories to control and operate the forklift.
- Overhead guard. The purpose of overhead guard is to protect the operator from the falling object. We can simply call it as the roof.
- Wheels. The front wheels of forklift are drive wheels and the rear wheels are steering wheels. Drive wheel is a wheel that transmits force from tires to the road and enables the forklift to move. While steering wheel is a wheel that turns to change the direction of the forklift.
Did you know
- Forklift need a well-trained operator to promote safety during working.